Women – Trustees of Humanity 2019
Women Trustees of Humanity Annual Workshop
Thirsting for Peace: Learning to Live One Moment at a Time
We live in a fast and distracting world, and tend to spend much of our time thinking about the past, worrying about the future, or immersed in the internet. We are not as free as we would like to to pay attention to others, to think and work deeply, to relax, or to pray. Yet inner freedom and peace are always available in the present moment, if we know how to discover them. This practical workshop – led by faculty with expertise in neuroscience, psychology, education, and Christian spirituality – is designed to give attendees the skills they need to find and maintain peace of heart in the midst of busy lives. Attendees will learn to:
- Understand the value of non-judgemental awareness of the present moment as the doorway to peace, love and prayer
- Handle negative emotions like anxiety, insecurity and anger more effectively
- Recognize and let go of thought patterns that lead to unhappiness
- Act freely, because they “want to” not because they “have to”
- Educate children in good habits of mind that will help them thrive
As always, there will be plenty of time for small group discussion and personal reflection.
Begins: Friday, November 22 at 7:30pm
Ends: Sunday, November 24 at 2pm (after lunch)
Location: Arnold Hall Conference Center, Pembroke MA
Online Registration only please.
For more information please contact Jenny Driver @ Jenny.Driver@gmail.com
Click here for Save the Date Flyer